Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day!

What a great day! First Blessed Beltane (John you should be here, the weather was great and May Day just isn't the same without you.)
It conjures up all kinds of memories. Picking wild flowers with Mom , making baskests out of old wall paper books and filling them with candy and flowers to be hung on doors of friends and sweethearts, to be chased ( and caught recieving the must sought after kiss) and may poles and a little dancing and bon fires! Ahhh the memories old and not so (nudge,nudge, wink, wink, No-what-I-mean.)
AND it was day one of training to be a deck hand for the Washington State Ferries I can't believe I made it this far. We made it up here in time for the interview, passed a few can u tests( like can you lift this, haul this, climb this ,wear this, and the usual pass this-drug test.)
Then you wait. Then you prove all over again who you are and what you have been up to your entire life this time for the coast guard(that is another whole story... just a note to you divorcees ,double check to make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted).
So now it's 13 days of all kinds of training, like water survival, fire fighting , crowd control... to cool huh. This new chapter will be like nothing I have done before but a little like a lot of stuff I have done before.
Can you tell I am excited... yes I know it it that first blush of new love but I (we) love being back in the NW.
John is working in Boise for FNW again doing a new Walgreens fixture install and that allows me to persue this new adventure.
Of course I haven't even touched on life back in Port Townsend, the local theatre group, furniture, friends, the water (in and on) running, knitting, repairing the motorhome(just worn out not crashed stuff). Josh and Sandy's upcoming visit, looking for a piece of property, discovering that time(away) is relative and....
the new "seamistress blog and Look for the "Dream City Dream Team". It is the major reason not much is happening on our blog coz not being a webmeister it is taking me a while to come up with something worthy..
AND pictures will be up soon. Love to all and yes Aunt Betty and Uncle Lee I know I still have to nail that piece above the door.... Mom told me!
Be safe and have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your next post to see how your making out with the new job!!! It must be taking all your time up..? Ti'll your next post we wait...nice to see Jim & Chris up in the North..WI

Anonymous said...

please blog....;)