Sunday, February 10, 2008

STILL IN QUARTZSITE

Still? Yes I know I have been remiss in keeping this all up to date,I very often get caught up in the day to day to the exclusion of doing the things I would like to do...
So much for Enjoying the Journey!!! NOT SO!!!
We still enjoy family and friends, awesome sunrises and making cool stuff ( I have been knitting up a storm thanks to the inspiration of Barb on Whidbey Is. and just recently the gang at All Strung Out in Cocoa Beach Fl.)
I seem to be doing the same thing I always do when we stop at Mom and Dads; put out the word that we are looking for a little work. Some understand and we find some good side jobs but mostly I think these retired people confuse work with keeping busy. Busy I can be, I love to build ,sew,knit , write letters, read, hike ,(scuba when possible)and now with the help of John get ready for my first run in May in Port Townsend Wa.
This is also the time of year that I apply for construction jobs online. Since we puchased our own Hughesnet a year ago from Jim and Chris online job hunts are way easier! The satelllite connection is a bit slow but heck a few years ago when we moved out of the house and into the "Muffin" it would have been unheard of.
Today is also the birthday of my daughter-in-law.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH !
It is the first day that "early-birds" can show up for the Gypsy Journal Rally in Casa Grande Az. It should be a great time. Although we were really trying to make it we will at least go for 1 day but without the "Muffin".
So bear with me.... when I bring this blog up to date it will be time to back it up and head in a new direction. One that will perhaps reflects more of John and my interests where we will be living and working.
Although we have both had " a severe travelin' jones" putting on thousands of miles a year ,we will be making our home base in NW Washington.
Don't think there will be any grass growing in our toes (we already have a dive trip for Jan 2009 booked in the BVI's)
WISH US LUCK AND KEEP CHECKING IN! THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING EXCITING JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

2 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

Okay, now we HAVE to meet if you come to the rally! I got here today...already a good crowd. Nick said he's already got more rigs here than the total from last year and tomorrow is the official start. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynne and John...Well it looking like another year will go bye before we finally cross paths and meet in person...Maybe we'll catch up with you's when your visiting Chris & Jim...lol awww the west coast... ps...blog more plse.lol