Saturday, February 25, 2006

Looms' New Home

Since moving full-time into the Cosmic Muffin certain things had to be left behind. Like a full size floor loom and everything that goes with it. We travel with 3 sewing machines and a large assortment of woodworking tools so I guess I can't complain but 3 years in the desert had taken its toll on the loom so this year my mission was to find it a new home.
Once again through the friend of a friend( or sister in this case) we were put together with Kathleen at the Strawbale Barn Weavers Studio and she said "yes" she would take it.
Of course getting it there was fun.



I bet we were quite a site driving down Hwy 101
But we made it and after unloading everything what we thought would be a quick visit became several hours. Kathleen was so gracious giving us a tour of the studio (a strawbale structure) and showing us everything and answering questions .

the first floor is spinning, dying, office and an extensive library with many foreign and antique objects used for spinning and weaving.


and the second floor gave me goosebumps.


There were so many looms of different kinds , in different stages of set up and John was loving hearing all about the different places they'd come and how they were made. Of course it doesn't hurt that they are wood!
And to think my little loom gets to live here and be used was so cool. Here's Kathleen and I by my loom.


We also got a tour of the surrounding property. Its the kind of place you don't want to leave but we'll be returning so it's only" Cya later".

No comments: