Sunday, September 25, 2005

Independence Rock

Hwy 220 heading SW from Casper takes you past the same red bluffs, along the Platte River to Independence Rock and Devils Gate , the natural points of navigation for the thousands heading west along the Oregon and Morman Trail .


Its amazing that even after all these years the names carved here are still so easy to read.

Visitors are encouraged to climb up the rock (thats where most of the names are) and experience a most awesome view! That is the west behind me... The Promise Land ( sorry I guess I am a" west coaster" no matter what)
Tonight we are in Evanston Wy. (almost Utah). The Chargers are playing tonight so although we don't need to clean-up or out we do have our creature needs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne, I'm Joni. I have (had) a sister named Lynn, that changed her spelling to Lynne. She married a guy named John. She introduced me to The Cosmic Muffin while up in Maine! She supposedly died in 1980, at the age of 24. Our family has doubts, and thinks she may still be alive, just living elsewhere! She loved to travel, loves animals, and the outdoors-Sounds alot like you! I found an old friend (Arleen) from NJ, who has moved to Arizona, and I wonder how much she knows about whether Lynne is alive or not? I'm now in Florida, and ready for another move (out of state). My Mom and brother are here. The old man is dying! Pop is (96)and healthier than all of us, and living with Auntie in NJ.